Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vidal's Welcome

Before I begin, a disclaimer: I'm not a caveman. I'm a forward thinking kind of guy. I believe in women's rights and the like. I think duties at home should be shared and we rely on two incomes to pay our bills and put food on the table. That being said, there are certain tasks I believe are just more natural for men to take care of...some things we're just better at. I kill the spiders, I cut the grass, I wash the car, I use the power tools. This is not something I declared before marriage. I get asked to do these things. It makes me realize that deep down inside, women believe the very same thing. Anyhow, we'll pick that up another time. Since we all have a bias, let me name mine right now. I'm a man. I write to represent men like me...not perfect, but trying to do the right thing more times than not. Trying to survive in a relationship with a woman who wants to be independent but wants me to make her "feel safe" at the same time. Join me on this journey, because I can certainly use the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment